Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Community Prayer

Each month I get the opportunity to pray at the beginning of the El Dorado County Board of Supervisors meeting.  I view it as a real privilege.  Here is my prayer for today.  Pray with me for our community, our country and our world.


BOS Prayer  October 19, 2010

Dear Heavenly Father,

In this season of sound bites and distortions of truth and facts, I pray for wisdom and discernment to understand what is really true.  I pray that those who have been elected and hired to serve the people of El Dorado County would always take the high road of integrity, honesty and uprightness.  I pray in the times of honest disagreement that are necessary to sort through the issues there would be civility and respect.

For this Board today I pray you would bless them with joy and laughter in the midst of the hard work of governing our county in challenging times.  Thank you for the abundant and amazing blessings you have given us in El Dorado County.  In our efforts to be good stewards help us not forget to care for the old, the young and the weak in our community.

We pray for peace in our world and protection over those who are serving in the armed forces and law enforcement to preserve and protect that peace that we so greatly value.

I pray these things in the name of Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: